Welcome to the School Governors’ section of the website. We hope these pages will provide some insight into who we are and what we do.
The role of the school governor is demanding but very rewarding and is a good way to give back to your local community. School governing bodies are responsible for working with the school to ensure that it delivers a good quality education.
From time to time vacancies arise. If you are interested in becoming a school governor or just want to find out more about school governance please contact the Head Teacher.
|Who we are
The governing body comprises teachers and other staff, parents, members of the community and local authority representatives. Most governors serve fixed terms of four years.
Click here to find out more about who currently represents Nevill Road Infant School Governing Body.
What does the Governing Body do?
The role of the governing body is a strategic one; we are responsible for:
- setting the vision and strategic direction of school
- holding the headteacher to account for its educational performance
- ensuring financial resources are well spent
As an Infant school we are privileged in being able to focus upon provision for early years children. Our aim is to develop a love of learning and achieve excellence for all by setting high expectations and inspiring through a creative curriculum.We also work and plan alongside the Junior school, through joint termly meetings with representatives from Nevill Road Junior School Governing Body and Senior Leadership Team (SLT). We want to ensure that the transition of our pupils is seamless and consistent:
- we strive to ensure that our policies and procedures are as consistent as possible
- we oversee the safety and development of our shared site for the benefit of all children
- we ensure that there is appropriate transfer of information and shared staff development
Each Governor sits on one or more committees as well as the Full Governing Body; each committee meets once a term and is concerned with a different aspect of running the school. The committees include:
- The Full Governing Body meeting (responsible for monitoring and evaluating school development against plans, ensuring that resources are deployed effectively, holding the headteacher to account for educational performance, policy review and adoption, setting the committee’s agendas)
- The Finance and Resources Committee (responsible for setting the committees’ finance, staffing and premises)
- The Pupil Progress Committee (responsible for learning and achievement, and matters arising to the curriculum)
- The Joint Committee (discussing matters of common interest with governors from the Junior school)
- The Pay Committee (responsible for staff performance appraisal and renumeration)
- The Performance Management Committee (responsible for monitoring how staff performance impacts pupil progress)
- The Head Teacher’s Performance Committee (responsible for the Head Teacher’s performance appraisal)
The Full Governing Body meetings are open to observers, so you’re very welcome to attend to see first hand what we do. If you’d like to attend, please contact the school office.
Your Governing Body
- Alison Marshall – joined the school September 2012. Attends all committees.
- Danielle Gholina – Member of Pupil Progress sub-committee – Term of office 1/9/2017 – 31/8/2021
- Phil Moses – sub-committee – Term of office
- Estelle Duckworth – Chair and Member of finance sub-committee – Term of office 16/11/2017 – 16/11/2021
- Mohammad Khalid – Chair of Finance and Premises sub-committee, Health and Safety link governor – Term of office 1/1/2015 – 31/12/2018
- Caroline Wilkes –Vice chair and Member of Finance and Premises sub-committee – Term of office 1/9/2015 – 31/8/2019. Relevant business and pecuniary interests have been recorded.
- Vicki North- Member of Pupil Progress and Joint sub-committees – Term of office 12/11/2015 – 11/11/2019
- Janine Garnett – Chair of Pupil Progress sub-committee – Term of office
- – Member of Performance Management and Pay Appeals Committees. Also chair of Nevill Road Junior School board of governors.
- Becky Gordine– Member of Pupil Progress sub-committee – Term of office 1/9/2015 – 31/8/2019
CLERK to the GOVERNORS
Files to Download